Fred. Holidays Rail Journeys has introduced a brand new no-fly holiday through Germany and Austria. The trip visits the cities that were home to some of history’s most revered composers including Bach, Strauss, Mozart and Beethoven.
Highlights of this ten-night trip include:
- Two nights in Leipzig, home of Johann Sebastian Bach and the birthplace of Richard Wagner, plus a guided walking tour to learn why the music of Bach is so important to the city
- Three nights in Vienna, home to Johann Strauss, birthplace of Joseph Haydn and Franz Schubert and the final resting place of Ludwig van Beethoven
- An orchestral performance of the music of two of the greatest Austrian composers, Strauss and Mozart, at the Kursalon Vienna Concert Hall
- Three nights in Salzburg, birthplace of Wolfang Amadeus Mozart
- Two nights in Bonn, birthplace of Ludwig van Beethoven
- A selection of optional musical performances and tours to enhance the experience.
There are daily departures between April and October 2023 with prices from £1,989pp including international rail travel from London; rail travel between Leipzig and Vienna, Vienna and Salzburg and Salzburg and Bonn; four-star accommodation in Leipzig, Vienna, Salzburg and Bonn; tour in Leipzig; and the concert in Vienna.