Lazy Bear Expeditions, which has been operating in Churchill for nearly 30 years, has a new summer adventure for 2024.
The company offers opportunities to see the subarctic wildlife, including – but not limited to – beluga whales and polar bears, as well as other natural wonders like the Aurora Borealis.
In summer 2023, they launched their new wildlife viewing vessel Matonabee, a uniquely designed Arctic cruise ship featuring multiple below water level viewing areas.
On their new all-inclusive summer adventure Journey to Fireweed Island, they use their new boat for a full day tour via the Hudson Bay to a remote island, home to polar bears and other subarctic wildlife as well as a plethora of wildflowers.
This six-night package, offered on selected dates in August 2024, includes:
- Four nights at Lazy Bear Lodge in Churchill and two nights in Winnipeg (one night each pre and post Churchill adventure)
- Airport transfers in Winnipeg and Churchill
- Return flight from Winnipeg to Churchill
- Journey to Fireweed Island boat tour aboard the Matonabee
- Beluga whale boat and Prince of Wales Fort tour
- Cultural & heritage tour in Churchill
- Summer Arctic Crawler tour into the Churchill Wildlife Management Area (trail conditions permitting)
- Beluga AquaGliding and kayaking
- Naturalist tour guide for the days in Churchill
- All meals (including specialty coffees from the coffee bars at Lazy Bear Lodge and aboard the Matonabee)
Guests of Lazy Bear Expeditions stay at the rustic Lazy Bear Lodge, centrally located in Churchill. The family-run log cabin-style lodge has 33 comfortable rooms and is home to the cozy Lazy Bear Café.